What We Believe
The NorthCoast Baptist Church is organized to establish and maintain religious worship of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, according to His Holy Word, the Bible.
1. That the 1611 Authorized King James Bible is the very preserved Word of God for believers today. It is the standard for all church and Christian belief and conduct. (Psalm 12:6,7). It is the final authority and accountability to the believer and church.
2. That salvation is of the Lord and only available by grace through faith in the finished work of the Jesus Christ .(Ephesians 2:8,9) Believing the gospel (death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ) is the power of God unto salvation. (Romans 1:16)
3. That the Holy Ghost indwells believers fully at the time of salvation and secures the believer in Christ eternally (Ephesians 1:12-14)
4. That the apostolic gifts of signs and wonders ceased when that which was perfect (the Word of God) came (I Corinthians 13:10)
5. That a church is an autonomous, local, called-out assembly of baptized believers constituted to carry out the great commission. (Matthew 28:18-20)
6. That a church has two offices, Pastors and Deacons, and that there are specific scriptural qualifications for each. (I Timothy 3)
7. That a church ought to be separated in its doctrine, and its deportment of the disciples. (II Corinthians 6:14-18)
8. That Jesus is coming again (John 14:1-3), and his return is imminent and in two advents. The first advent in the coming in the clouds to catch away the believers before the start of the final seven-year tribulation (I Thessalonians 4:16,17; Romans 11:25) and the second, for all to see at the end of the 7 years. (Revelation 1:7) . Jesus will rule and reign for a thousand years as King over all the earth.